Oct 12, 2012

God Just Blew My Socks Off!







Don't you just love when God, blows your socks off!  When something happens and it turns out 10x better then you ever imagined.  If you told me 3 years ago that I would be blogging about my middle son, making 3 goals and 5 saves as a goalie, in his soccer game at the Y, I wouldn't have believed it!  In fact, doctor's told me it wouldn't happen, to quote the developmental pediatrican, "Don't even think about putting your son in organized sports, kids like him don't get the "team " aspect.  Well, Dr. Rueban....once again, my sweet boy has proved you wrong!

I'm not going into details about my son's health and developmental history, it's a great story and deserves more time and details then I can give today.  But, most of my readers know it and they will get it.


This is an amazing week for my family!  The only bad part, I wasn't there to see it.  I was at the first half of the game and this all happened in the second half.  I had to take my oldest to Scouts.  But this was a HUGE moment for my husband, that will live in his memory forever!  Jeff was coaching his team and I don't think he would have believed it if he didn't see it. My little guy was engaged and took charge, he owned that ball! 

For so many years, my heart was filled with such fear and worry for this child, it is an amazing feeling to have those feelings replaced with pride, hope and encouragement. This kid just keeps amazing me more and more everyday!!! 


Has God ever knocked your socks off?

4 comments:

  1. Sweet. It's nice to be a proud momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...that's just awesome!! what a proud mama moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! That's wonderful that your son isn't stopped by other people's limited views.

    God knocks my socks off when I least expect it. :)

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HURRAY!!!! I LOVE when kids prove doctors wrong in a great way like this, and I suspect doctors love it too. :)

    Thanks for linking up to Life:Unmasked!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.