Oct 26, 2012

Day 25- Cleaning the House



Cleaning house, one of my least favorite jobs, but a messy house leaves me irritable and grumpy.  When my house is a disaster, I walk around thinking about how long it is going to take to get it pulled together and it makes me want to crawl under the covers and go to sleep. 

 I have tried many different strategies for keeping a clean house and found this schedule to work best for my season in life.  It has helped that I have recently organized my house a room at a time and things seem to stay put easier since I have a place for everything.   

1.  Do a load of laundry everyday and put away.

2.  Run dishwasher every night and get kitchen picked up no matter how tired I am.  (nothing grumps me out more than to wake up to a dirty kitchen)  kids unload in the morning

3.  Sweep Kitchen floor every night

4.  Spend 1-2 hour a week ironing (usually when I am watching a favorite show)

5.  Thursday afternoons clean bathrooms

6.  Friday afternoon clean house-dust, vacuum/ mop floors, file papers

7. Spend one day a month really deep cleaning

8.  Place baskets or laundry baskets in every room  to toss items that go in other rooms and then when I have 15 find a basket and put stuff away.  

9.  Sunday early evening have the whole family do a quick clean/pickup of the house, assign everyone a couple rooms

10.  Sunday wash and change bedding

If cleaning your house overwhelms you week after week, or you want to start a routine to keeping up with housework, Clean Mama is a great blog to get you started, she has free printables and lots of tips, another old favorite is The Fly Lady

My family seems to function better when the house is picked up and clean.  Luckily, my kids are at an age where they can, and for the most, part are willing to help.  What are your tips for keeping your house in order?

This is part of a 31 day series to read more click here.

1 comment:

  1. Good advice, as always, and much needed by me! I wish I was better about having designated cleaning days. It tends to be put off till it can't be ignored any more! We usually do a family-cleaning day on Friday afternoons or Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.