Dec 1, 2012

Tinker Bell Birthday Party

Yesterday was the big Tinker Bell Party.  I think I had just as much fun prepping for it as the girls had during the party. 
I made the invitations at home and ordered the wings, tutu's and leggings from Halo Heaven, they were part of the invitations we delivered.  On party day all the little girls came dressed as fairies.  It was adorable.  All the Tinker Bell accessories I purchased at Party City or Walmart.    I made the fairy wands and crowns with simple curling ribbon and wire garland, and magic wands found at Party City.  I didn't do much for party favors since I already purchased each girl the items included with the invitation, but I put together a small bag with bubbles, bracelets and a Tinker Bell necklace. 

 I kept the food very simple and served, cheese sandwiches, fruit, goldfish and juice boxes (wrapped in scrapbook paper).  For the mom's I made a simple salad (no pic) of spinach, pine nuts, crasins and blue cheese with a low fat Walnut Cranberry Dressing from Newman's.  I also threw together a super simple potato soup....hash brown potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese soup, 8 cups chicken broth and 4 oz cream cheese.  Put in crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours.  Add dill at the end.
  

I tried making my cupcakes from scratch and was disappointed in the texture and taste, so I ended up making another batch of Betty Crocker Funfetti.  The frosting recipe was AMAZING!!!  It is definitely not low-cal, but you can find it here at Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I have never seen a recipe like it.

Since the girls were only 3 and 4, I didn't have much planned.  I brought toys  downstairs, so the kids would all stay in the living area and kept other parts of the house off limits.  That way, mom's didn't have to check on kids and I didn't have to have my whole house cleaned :).  It worked out great and the girl's all played nicely while the moms chit chatted.  I kept it small with only 5 guests.  It was the perfect size.

Well that's all the details....here are more pics.














5 comments:

  1. Absolutely darling!! The table looks so cute. FYI...a lot of people don't realize this, but you can actually rent kids size tables and chairs. I do it each year for Henry's party and it only costs $10 - 0.65 per chair and $6 for the table. It always makes a big impact too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable party! I bet the little birthday girl felt like such a fairy princess! That's what I want my 40th to look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so cute, especially those little fairies! You did an amazing job planning and putting this party together. It looks like the girls had a blast!

    I did a fairy party for Caitlin several years ago... she would never go for that now, lol! Enjoy the magical years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party theme! Looks like everyone had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the perfect little girl party!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.