Nov 20, 2012

Going Home

As I write this, I am riding in the car to my hometown. Several different emotions phase me as I sit in wait.

First and foremost, is the feeling of comfort. Comfort in sleeping in MY bed in MY room, spending time with family, cooking with my mom and sisters, catching up around the kitchen table, laughing as we relive the past and driving around my hometown.

Excitement, as I make plans to see old friends, friends that no matter how much time has passed, things always fall back into place as though time stood still. Friends, that have seen me through lifes ups and downs and no matter how life has changed us, we still find common ground.

Nervousness, as I plan to meet with someone an unexpected e-mail friendship has formed due to similar situations with our sons. But, at the same time, comfort that I am not alone and that I can be a support to a mom traveling down a challenging road.

Sadness, as this could be the last Thanksgiving at my parents home, as it is for sale. Realizing there is a time I will come here and this won't be the house I sleep at is almost unimaginable.


I can see God's hand in so many aspects of my life, in ways I never imagined. It's funny where life takes you, how MY plans were different then God's, but His turned out far better then I could have imagined. I am so filled with thankfulness and joy this Thanksgiving. I hope you can be thankful during this holiday, no matter what season you are in.

3 comments:

  1. Holidays are always frought with emotions. Luckily, most of yours seem positive! Safe travels and a blessed Thanksgiving for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have so much fun, friend! that is sad that it's your last holiday in that house. enjoy the time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the EXACT same way when I travel back east!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.