Sep 4, 2012

Easy Salad Nicoise

I wanted to share a quick, delicious version of one of my favorite salads.  I could eat this everyday for lunch.

2 small cans tuna ( packed in olive oil)
2 cups small potatoes (I buy the little pints at the farmers market)
1/2 lb fresh green beans
4 hard boiled eggs
2-3 tomatoes sliced or container of grape tomatoes
Newman's Own Olive oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing 1/4-1/2 cup.
*black olives
*Garbanzo beans

I start by washing the potatoes and, leaving the skin on them, boil them  about 15 min (when a knife pierces them easily they are done.  I then drain the potatoes and place them in a glass bowl  and let them cool in the freezer about 15 min while I prepare the rest of the salad.

Then I wash and trim the green beans and steam them in a lidded pan  about 5 min, until crisp tender.  Then,  immediately drain green beans and place them in a ice water bath for about 2 min to cool down an stop cooking.  Then I add the tuna (I prefer to not drain the oil)  and beans (drained) and olives to the potatoes and about 1/4 cup Newman's olive oil and vinegar salad dressing.  I toss that mixture then layer the sliced tomatoes and sliced eggs on top.

I may add more dressing if needed.
This only gets better over night!

Enjoy!

*these are not in the photo, but I add them if I have them

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.