Sep 9, 2012

My Kitchen and Dining Room


**Disclaimer:  when I am showing pics of my house I have worked my tushy off to have them look "picture perfect."  My house normally does not look like this.  I have three kids and while I try and keep it tidy, I can never seem to have it clean all at once.  I need  bloggers hosting challenges to motivate me to organize my home.  I just don't want to give the false impression that my home looks like this on a daily basis.  I am a stay at home mom....my house and my kids are pretty much my life, so when I have spent my time and worked hard on something, taking a picture of it makes me feel good inside. **


I am so excited to follow along at "A Bowl Full Of Lemons", while I get my home organized.  Week one was the Kitchen.  I emptied out all my cabinets and cleaned and reorganized them.  I am not going to bore you with what every cabinet looks like, but I will show you the ones I totally revamped.  So first of all here is my Kitchen, it joins into our family room.  It is a great space and I really love the layout. 

View of Kitchen from the table

Hutch from Pottery Barn holds table linens and candles
Hutch from Hobby Lobby holds cookbooks and games
 

New table scape, from stuff I had laying around the house. 
So, that's my kitchen, now I will show you some of the cabinets, drawers and areas I did the most work on.
I love having a coffee station, I swear the coffee even tastes better now!











So that's it!  Did do you get any organization done in your kitchen?










5 comments:

  1. Amazing! We recently re-organized our giant pantry and I did magazine holders for all of the activity books...life changing. I love the art drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks great! I had hoped to do the Bowl Full Of Lemons projects too, but haven't gotten started yet. You've inspired me to get crackin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotta love the shades! :P Good job on cleaning and reorganizing the cabinets, Kate. Your kitchen looks absolutely brand new! That's what to expect from a mom like you. :) It just proves that you don't need to buy new stuff just to make your kitchen look more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some great little areas with your drawers and cupboards. It must have taken some time and thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen! Thanks for the tour and some useful tips (like covering a board with fabric!) How easy but hey, I never thought of it lol You are so organised!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.