Sep 14, 2012

My Garage


**Disclaimer:  when I am showing pics of my house I have worked my tushy off to have them look "picture perfect."  My house normally does not look like this.  I have three kids and while I try and keep it tidy, I can never seem to have it clean all at once.  I need  bloggers hosting challenges to motivate me to organize my home.  I just don't want to give the false impression that my home looks like this on a daily basis.  I am a stay at home mom....my house and my kids are pretty much my life, so when I have spent my time and worked hard on something, taking a picture of it makes me feel good inside. **


So this week's  challenge at  A Bowl Full Of Lemons, was to organize the garage.  This wasn't to hard on me, because my hubby and I did this this summer.  I basically just straightened things up and cleaned it out, with a hose.  Since, my garage is not pretty, I did not take many photos, but I will show you some ideas I had that have been super duper helpful keeping it organized.
We have a 3 car garage, we have scarified one side for the kids "stuff"
I got bins for all the "little"stuff that used to be spread all over.  Now the kids put things back, since they know where to put them. 

We have a lake with a beach in our neighborhood, I can't tell you how much time this mesh bag has saved me from having sand all over the place!

This is where I store all the kids "project" stuff we don't use very often. 

I cleaned out and organized our outside fridge and freezer.  I also made a list of what's in and laminated it and use a dry erase marker when I take something out. 

So, that's my garage.  All clean and ready for fall. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to create little buckets, tubs etc. for the items your kids access each playtime. I find that I have to tackle the garage in stages.

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.