Sep 30, 2012

Organized office!


**Disclaimer:  when I am showing pics of my house I have worked my tushy off to have them look "picture perfect."  My house normally does not look like this.  I have three kids and while I try and keep it tidy, I can never seem to have it clean all at once.  I need  bloggers hosting challenges to motivate me to organize my home.  I just don't want to give the false impression that my home looks like this on a daily basis.  I am a stay at home mom....my house and my kids are pretty much my life, so when I have spent my time and worked hard on something, taking a picture of it makes me feel good inside. **



I got my office all organized for Home Organization 101 at A Bowl Full of Lemons.  I think I have finally gotten my "paper monster" under control.  I have a wonderful, easy to maintain file system I did about 5 months ago and it has seriously been life changing.  I know exactly where everything goes and best of all things are so easy to find. I used Smead Viewable file labels and interior folders....make sure you get interior, so they fit nicely in the main hanging file.  I will admit it was a long, daunting task, but it feel so good to accomplish.   Things are so easy to to find and to put up, even my hubby was impressed.  I found a video on  You Tube that gives a great description of how to use this system in your home. 


I also made an easy to access account information sheet, with all info needed for utility companies and bank accounts.  I have it in a folder right by the computer.  I can easily grab it and have password and user names at my fingertips when I log on to pay bills, check account balances or yell at them for over charging me!  .  I made you a copy too, you can get it by liking my Facebook  page and looking under free stuff.  Enough talk, just check out the photos. 






 


This was mine, my mom saves everything, I have it in my office for the little's to play, when I'm working on my blog! 
Just FYI, The Dollar Store is the cheapest place to find storage bins, I got the red ones above there for $1 a piece.

Well, check back tomorrow and the next 31 Days as I take you on a journey of creating family bliss. 

6 comments:

  1. I popped in to see what your 31 days is about and have been so inspired to see your office space. Sorting out my office is one of our major to-do's but seeing your peaceful spot has inspired me to make it a priority! Look forward to reading your 31 days series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping in from ABFOL. Oh my goodness, I love your office! It looks so cozy, perfect for working in the winter. And now it looks organized too :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - good job!
    I love the wall above your work space and how you've personalised it with things that are important to you.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your office looks great! I so need to organize all our paperwork, but I just keep putting it off. I love the vintage Fisher Price toys! My grandma still has the barn and house (just like yours) that I used to play with. My kids have gotten hours of enjoyment out of it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get your desk? I've been looking for a black desk with drawers on both sides! Are those 2 left drawers where your files are? Can't tell how big it is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your disclaimer! I should copy and paste that and keep that at the top of my blog as well! <3 Great job mama! And your desk space looks incredible!!

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.