Oct 1, 2012

Day 1: Attitude is Everything!



We have been hearing it since we were young, the Golden Rule, "Treat others the way you want to be treated."  For day one, in my creating Family Bliss Challenge, the first thing to do is check your attitude at the door.  Think about it, how are you coming across to your husband and kids, are you crabby, resentful, annoyed?  It's time to physically tell your self, it's going to be a great day.  Yes, I said tell yourself.  The mind is a very powerful tool.  What we think we believe.

Joel Osteen says in, Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now, "Programming your mind for success doesn't happen automatically.  Each day you must choose to expect good things to happen to you."  Tell your self something like, "I am not going to come across angry or annoyed at my family today.  I am so grateful to have them."  Ralph Waldo Emerson says, "The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws to himself positive results,"  Momma's this is the key, we set the tone.  If we can be calm, happy and helpful to our family, then they will return the favor to us as well.  It may take longer for them, but I truly believe setting a good example for how your want others to act, is one of the key roles in creating family bliss.

I read a great book called A Complaint Free World: How to Stop Complaining and Start Enjoying the Life You Always Wanted by Will Bowen.  His idea is really quite simple, complain less and others around you will do the same and by complaining less, you will think more positively about your life.  He suggests wearing a bracelet, or rubber band and moving it from one wrist to the other, each time you complain.  This exercise helps make you aware of your complaints.   After I put a rubber band on for one day, I was amazed at how many complaints came through my head.  But the thing I noticed most, was if I just rephrased  the comment I wanted to make, to more of a statement, then I didn't sound so naggy and guess what, my family listened to me.  For instance, when I walked in the kitchen and saw toys all over the floor, the dishwasher needing unloaded and dinner waiting to be prepared, the first thing I wanted to do was complain.  "No one ever puts the dishes away, why are  toys everywhere."  Instead, since I was mindful of not complaining, I asked to kids to help me, by presenting it as a game and guess what they helped, without complaining!  Later that night, my husband had been to a NFL football game all day,  when he returned, I didn't complain about the kids behavior, or that he was lucky he got the day off, like I usually do.  That night he helped fold and put away laundry, WITHOUT being asked to, that is a major key, my husband is very helpful, but usually I have to ask for help. 

So for today.  Keep your attitude in check, stay positive and uplifting, no complaining.  I put together a page with uplifting quotes about attitude, print it off and hang it where you can easily see it and be reminded that attitude is everything!  Just friend my Face Book page and look under free stuff.  We can do this ladies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.