Nov 8, 2012

Glittered Flats!





Last week one of my favorite bloggers Sasha wrote about fancying up her little black pumps for the holidays. After reading her post,  I of course wanted to 'glitter' something!  I looked at my shoes and found the perfect pair.  I had an OLD pair of Kate Spade flats that looked WORN OUT!  

They were my first designer shoes I ever purchased. I remember spending as much on them as my share of rent for my college apartment.  We have walked the streets of Florence and Paris together.  Gone up 357 steps to the Statue of Liberty and honeymooned in the Bahamas.  I remember the day they got "ruined"  I wore them on a rainy day and the black dye started to run.  I think I may have cried!   I have a crush on all things Kate Spade and couldn't stand the thought of giving them to Good Will.  So they have sat in my closet, moving state to state, but never seeing daylight.

Then I saw them tucked away in my closet.....it was like a gold light shined down on them beckoning to be noticed.  I grabbed them up and decided to glitter them!

It was easy peasy.  This is what you need:  Mod podge, extra fine glitter and clear sealer. 


Paint the glue on the shoe and pour the glitter on.  Then after letting them dry for 30 min spray with the sealer, I stuffed a plastic bag in them so sealer would not get on the inside of the shoe. 


 After about 1 hour of drying I was loving the results. I slipped them on and started singing "Reunited and it feels so good!" 

I have been wearing them all day and glitter is not dropping off all over the floor.  I have even had kids step and on them and they are holding up great.  I am so happy.  Go find some shoes and glitter them now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those look amazing! Now I'm trying to figure out which of my shoes need some sparkle. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.