Nov 13, 2012

Hearts at Home Conference and Party Planning

So this week i'm joining Amy at Lucky Number 13 for virtual coffee.  You can read more about her idea behind it here, but basically it's just to chit chat.

So over the weekend I attended the Hearts at Home conference .  It is basically a conference to recharge the batteries of weary mamas.  Get advice about different topics, relax, laugh and cry.  I was excited to the see Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar.  I have a fascination with extremely large families.  I seriously love watching shows about them.  I just wish I could be a fly on the wall for a day.  How does a mom of 19 stay sane?  How does one keep up with laundry, dishes,  meals and on top of that, homeschool?  What I got the most out of  listening to the Duggar's speak, is to speak calmly to your children, be slow to anger and praise them more then correct them.    They utilize a character building sheet found here that they use to teach their children appropriate behavior. 
Top character qualities Michelle says moms should strive for are love, meekness and joyfulness.  Teach kids to strive for attentiveness, obedience and self control.

I saw Michelle up close and I was AMAZED at how young she looked.  She is 46 and her skin looked beautiful.  Seriously, after having 3 kiddos, I feel the most ragged and worn out in my entire life.  How does someone stay so young looking with 19 kids!  If I would have waited in the ginormous line to meet her, that was what I would have asked her. 

Another speaker I really enjoyed and want to read some of her books was Dr. Jill Slatterly.  She gave tangible advice and was very inspiring. She mostly spoke about how important it was as mothers to ask God to give us wisdom  for dealing with our child and husbands.   She authors several books, but the one I want  to read, because I heard other mom's talking about how life changing it was, is  Finding The Hero In Your Husband.

Overall it was a good experience, if you have the opportunity to go to a conference you should.

 So, now I am focusing on getting ready for baby girl's 3rd birthday party.  I have never had a party at home for my kids.  In the past, I was to tired and overwhelmed to plan a party.  I would have it at Chucky Cheese or McDonald's, some place that took care of EVERYTHING!  Well, I'm going a little Martha for this one.  I made the invitations and am having an AT HOME fairy party.   5 little girls will be coming over in a couple weeks and B and I are so excited it's all we talk about.  I'm not going too crazy, while some of those parties on Pinterest look AMAZING,  I don't want to overdo it, she is only 3!  But I am enjoying the little details I have never had time to enjoy.  Here is a sneak peek at the invitation and party favors. 
These are inside the bag of the invitation

Finished Invitations

Fairy wands and crowns



 If you ever need cute, cheap girlie accessories like the wings and tutus and leggings I got them at Halo Heaven.  I only paid, $5 for each outfit!!  I made the wands and crowns. 

Well, now I am going to organize my basement.  It is AWFUL!!  Have a great day. 





6 comments:

  1. So glad you got to go to Hearts at Home! Their home base is actually located in my town and Jill Savage and I got to know each other through the Proverbs 31 Ministries She Speaks conference last summer. Such an amazing woman! Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that party is gonna be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that party is gonna be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from amy's.

    i hope your batteries are good and recharged. your weekend sounds like it was great. i, too, have a fascination with huge families- how on earth do they do it!?

    what a fun party! have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those invitations and gift boxes are adorable. Your daughter is going to look so cute! Thanks for stopping by!!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a conference I could've used! I am totally fascinated by extremely large families too! I always watch the Duggars on Netflix and the kids give me grief about it. :)

    Your party prep looks amazing! What a lucky little Tinkerbell you'll have!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.