Oct 22, 2012

Day 20- Plan Your Meals

So last month I wrote here about how I do my dinner Menu Planning.  Writing out what we are going to be having and getting my shopping finished all on one day, has saved me so much stress and frustration and time. 

It seems like, all my family wants to do is EAT!!  When it comes to planning school lunches, breakfast and snacks, I felt like I was always stuggling not to feed the kids the same things everyday.

I finally decided to make a list of several choices both my kids and I agree on for each meal/snack time.  Then when I am making my weekly menu I use this for reference.     I can't tell you what a timesaver this has been.  Here is what I came up with.



Here is the recipe for Toad in a hole and Bird's Nest, if you have never heard of those, I assure you I am not feeding my kids recipes from Fear Factor.

For a menu planning sheet like my Facebook page and look in the tab free stuff.

For me, making the effort to plan our meals,takes away the stress of meals and we tend to eat out less, which is good for the bank and our health.  

This is part of a 31 day series, to read more click here.

2 comments:

  1. this is such a great post and lots of great ideas! i need to get better about planning meals. i've always been really good, but over the summer i started stinking at it...i still stink at it. i planned my menu last week, but this week we're winging it again. gotta get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the weeks I don't make a plan, i am left rummaging through the fridge last minute and am left feeling rushed and frustrated. Making a list and keeping it handy has been a big time saver. I just decided to stop trying to be Martha Stewart at meals. My kids like simple and simple is well...simple! Good luck!

      Delete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.