Oct 29, 2012

Day 29: Does Your Face Light Up When Your Children Walk In The Room?

One of Oprah's greatest lessons in the '90s was that everybody just wants to be appreciated or validated. She had an aha! moment in 2000 when Toni Morrison, author of The Bluest Eye, was on the show asking, "Does your face light up [when you see children]?" because that allows your face to speak how your heart feels. 
After seeing this episode on Oprah's Life class, I started thinking of what my face says to not only my child but also my husband.  I was ashamed to find I often felt annoyed and frustrated when they interrupted me and needed something when I was already busy.    I now really try to make it a point to look at them happily, listen  and not hurry them on their way.

How do you greet your children and husband when they come in a room?

This is part of a 31 day series to read more click here. >

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love that question! I enjoy Oprah's Life Class, and I learn so much from the speakers. I try to remember to greet my loved ones with a pleasant look on my face even if I'm feeling annoyed. Great advice.

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.