Oct 4, 2012

Day 4- Moms need Support



When my boys were 2 and a newborn we had just moved to a new state and I new not a soul in the town we moved too.  My son was not a healthy baby, he had severe acid reflux and was in the 1% for height and weight.  Doctors were concerned about his size and his reflux was so bad we had to make weekly trips to the pediatrician for weight checks.  Little did I know, that was only the beginning of a VERY long 3 year time period, where I needed lots of support.  My husband had a new very demanding job and I was stressed!  I made it a point to find a local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group.  It made all the difference.

Having support at all stages of motherhood is important.  Husbands are wonderful, but a husband is not a mommy and we need to hash things out with other mommies sometime.  Your husband can't relate to you about breastfeeding, the crazy changes your body goes through after birth or what it means to be a mother.

Support is essential and I don't know how I would have made it through that time period in my life if it weren't for the mommy friends I had during that time.  (I want to give a Shout Out to my Clinton girls, I love you all so much, did I have a rough time in that town or what!!)

Below are organizations I have been associated with during our various moves.  They have all offered great support and I made wonderful friends through them all. 

MOPS
Mothers and More
Mom's Club

Do you belong to a mom's group?

This is part of a 31 days series about creating Family Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. And I thank you for introducing me to MOPS! I love going and am a little sad that my MOPS time is almost over.

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.