Oct 8, 2012

Day 8- Get Organized



Nothing stresses out a mommy more (and a family for that matter), then when you can't find things.  Last week I blogged about organizing my office.  Just a few months ago I got a file system started and in place and it has been life changing.  Knowing where every single bill, medical record or insurance policy is,  instead of a large stack of paper piled around here and there has helped our family so much.  Now, when the hubby comes home and needs a bank statement from 4 months ago....easy, when the kids need medical records....easy.

Being organized is not easy for me.  In the past,  I have been great about getting a space looking organized, but I never maintained it and would have to re-organized every few months.   The last 10 months I have really focused on organizing my home and maintianing it and it has been a gamechanger for us.

How does one start....start small, make a list of the areas that drive you the most crazy and dedicate 15-20 minutes to work on it.  It won't happen over night, but if you work a little here and there it can be done and I promise it will be worth it.  If I have the time, I also love tackling a big area in a weekend.  The satisfaction of an entire room being organized and clean is worth a couple late nights in my book. 

Some of my favorite blogs for organizing are I Heart Organizing and A Bowl Full Of Lemons.  I Heart will get you motivated by how lovely all of Jen's home looks.  Lemons, will get you organized with lists and challenges and pretty pics too.  Both women are amazing!  Also, The Dollar Store, is a great spot for plastic containers and bins for organizing.

Go for it!!  This one, while very time consuming at first, will make a big impact on your family.   The peace of mind and pride you will feel, when your home stays cleaner and you can easily find things is priceless. 

This is part of a series,  31 Days of Creating Family Bliss, click here to read more.




3 comments:

  1. I try to organize one area every weekend. Last night, I did my jewelry drawers. Last weekend, it was the "junk" drawer in the kitchen, which hopefully can no longer be considered a junk drawer. Next weekend - under the bathroom sink. Boring, but makes me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful series I enjoy reading it

    ReplyDelete
  3. When/if you tackle those pics on your computer let me know. I think my Memory Manager organizational system will be perfect and would love your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.