Feb 9, 2013

You Gotta Have Faith

Lately,  some very tragic deaths have occurred to children I have either been acquainted with or belong to  a family member of blogs I read.  It is heart breaking and unimaginable.  I get panicky and my heart races just thinking about it.  But, I am also reminded that despite taking all the safety precautions we can in life, as parents, we really are not in control, in regards to when we or our children, leave this earth.  It is terrifying, if you really think about it.

But let these tragedies, be a reminder to us, how precious life it.  How, what we do and say, really does matter.  How each day is a gift and life is short.  But more importantly, have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  Have you done your duty as a parent, to bring your children up in a faith based home.  I'm not here to preach or tell you how to live your life, but think about it, we do not know what tomorrow brings or the challenges we may face.  The minor challenges I have faced, were only bearable for one reason, I had God in my life.  I had His promises that say.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Philippians 4:6,7 … do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Those of you that know me, know I'm not a Jesus Freak, I make mistakes everyday and am far from perfect.  I don't preach to everyone I meet, or spout off fire and brimstone. I'm a mother that is head over heals in love with her children.  I have a heart that aches, with every unkind word that gets thrown their way, every bump and bruise they get and every trial they face.  Being a mother, is like wearing your heart on your sleeve and almost daily, I place my self in a situation I read about and think, how do you go on after a hurt like that.  These families, that seem to make it through, have one thing in common, an immeasurable faith in Jesus, that this happening is part of a plan, far bigger then they may ever realize.  I want faith like that.  I want comfort like that.  Because this life, causes a lot of hurt and I need something far bigger to rely on to get me through it. 

Do you have faith like that?

Do you have comfort like that?

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine losing a child and my heart aches for parents who go through it. It's terrifying. I wish i could say that faith would get me through, but I just can't imagine. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Misty, but I'd like to strive for a faith that would be sufficient if my world crumbled.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautifully written post Kate :) And I could not imagine anything more heartbreaking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My go to verse when something earth shattering happens in my life is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. I have been through a few HUGE things, but through God's sufficient grace I made it through with such joy and can look back and say, "Thank you, God, for bringing this into my life and helping me grow." I love to help others going through struggles and sharing scripture. It was a blessing to read your post and see you doing that. You never know who needed that at the very moment they read it! Thank you for sharing what is on your heart. Last year our son disappeared from our side, for a short time, at a VERY crowded State Fair, it was the scariest thing I have ever been through...couldn't imagine loosing a child. Those who you know who have suffered this unthinkable loss are blest to have you for encouragement. God Bless! Psalm 3:5

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.