Mar 18, 2013

Can Laughing Make Your Marriage Better And The Key To My Heart

This past weekend, my husband and I joined some church friends for a weekend marriage conference called Laugh Your Way To A Better MarriageMark Gungor, speaker and brain child behind this, also happens to be the pastor of our church.  We had never heard of him until a year ago.  When we started attending his church and it was a life changing experience for us.  He is hilarious and speaks a common sense message about Christianity, while also empowering couples everywhere, on his thoughts about marriage and parenting.  If you ever have an opportunity to attend one of his seminars I highly recommend it.  Even my hubby loved it and he is typically not into this kinda thing.  You can also watch video clips here, on his YouTube channel.  He really has a gift for breaking down the differences between men and women and provides you with solid advice on how to strengthen your relationship.  He had us both laughing hysterical, with his dramatic impressions and his "no holds barred" attitude. 

If you don't have the opportunity to attend a seminar, then you should at least check out his website about The Flagpage solution.  It's a simple survey you and your spouse can do, to find out what motivates you and will reveal how you can love each other best.  They also have a game to play with your kids, that I can't wait to try with my two oldest.  The idea is if you truly know what makes the other person motivated in life, you will offer them more grace and understanding about why we act the way we do.

Both my hubby and I took the short 5 min questionnaire and were absolutely stunned by the results.  It was like looking into our hearts and seeing what made us tic.  We found out, in some ways we were treating each other more like ourselves want to be loved and  in turn, bringing out each others worst characteristics.  Now, armed with the knowledge on how to empower each other and make us feel our best, we can bring out the wonderful qualities in each other.  How cool is that? After the quick 5-10 min survey, you will see the following pages, plus Mark pops up on the screen to describe what the results mean.  There is also a book, you can purchase to further explain the results. 

So if you want to know what makes my heart happy, read on....







 This really was a very accurate portrayal of what I am motivated by, really the only aspect I did not agree with, is where it says I am always a fast moving train and never slow down, I do feel like I slow down alot and need to stop and catch my breath, but overall it was very precise.  The cost of this, is very reasonable too, we purchased ours at the event at the price of $25 for two flag codes and a book, online it looks like its $15 a flag.  If you do anything, to improve your marriage, or other relationships, I highly recommend this, it was very eye opening and I believe will be very useful in keeping our marriage strong. 

Have you been to a Laugh Your Way conference or have a Flagpage?

**Just so you know, I was not asked to write this review, these are all my own thoughts based on attending  the conference and purchasing the Flagpage at our discretion.  Go do it, you will not be disappointed!

I'm linking up at The Better Mom and Lisa Leonard

6 comments:

  1. Kate, that is so funny that me & jeremy are the same Fun/Peace! :) The conference was amazing/life changing and we learned a lot about ourselves with our Flag pages and about how we can support eachother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! sounds like a great conference!! i've never heard of it. i would love to see what my page would look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and i love to laugh together. It's one of the things that first brought us together. I've never heard of Flagpage, but I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so wonderful and helpful! thanks so much for sharing it. i'm stopping by from the lisa leonard link up for hello monday.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to look into this. My husband and I really need to reconnect and work at better understanding one another. Thanks for sharing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this and need to look into it, what a great tool!
    xo
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.