Apr 9, 2013

Why Still Room To Grow, Is Even More Special To Me!

So Sunday night I was laying in bed with baby girl singing her some of my favorite sweet inspirational songs.  All of them, I picked up at the summer kamp I told you about here, including my favorite song and inspiration to my blog title,  Room To Grow.    By the way, I should point out I am NOT a singer.  I do love to sing sweet tunes to my babies, but once they reach about 5, they become wise, that I don't sound very good, so the requests stop coming.  Anyway, Miss B, still likes my singing voice.

While I was singing I heard my phone ding,  that I had a new message.  After she was asleep, I went to check my email and just about died, when I saw who it was from...  It was from ASHLEY JOHNSTON, singer and song writer of the song, I was JUST singing to my little moments before!!

She wrote, that a friend of hers, saw my blog and post about her song and e-mailed her, she said was "speechless"..... What!! She was speechless, so was I!!

I immediately wrote back and was all giddy and told her my maiden name to see if she would have remembered me from Kamp 20 years ago.  Then, while I was waiting for her reply, I panicked and started thinking, it could be some stalker that was trying to find out where I lived....you know, they read my blog, saw my post that I had been trying to find Ashley and saw it as an opportunity to find out where I lived....Ok, Ok I know I have seen WAY to many lifetime movies, but jeez, in this day and age, it's hard to trust others!!

So, when she replied, she said she did remember me and asked where I lived...so I made her answer questions that I know the only real Ashley would know....I am so silly I know.

She immediately answered correctly and I knew it was her, then I felt foolish for suspecting a creeper...

Anyway, several e-mails later.... she is fantastic!  She is so sweet and humbled that I would still be listening to her sweet music after all this time.  But really, I am the one humbled!  The thought that she had such a strong faith in her 20's is amazing to me.  Even though I have been listening to this poor little worn out tape for 20 years, I am just appreciating some of the depths of her lyrics, in my mid 30's.  Particularly this one,
"I love to hope the faith, I know You'll never leave." I am just realizing this about God's love for me...for us... and she could write about it in her 20's. AMAZED!   It has been so cool to be able to tell her that, that I have been  so touched by her music, for so many years. 

I have a new appreciation for her and her songwriting and I also found out she is a very talented artist! 

It has been the coolest experience and I'm so thankful her friend saw my blog and e-mailed her and that she contacted me. God is so awesome!

Now my blog title means even more to me then before. 


6 comments:

  1. What a great experience! I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is AWESOME how God works! Very cool! Her quote is great from Philippians 1:6...one of my favorite verses. I teach a Bible Study at a nursing home and the ladies like to talk about that verse. God is never done with us, we have not arrived at our potential until we stand before Christ. So encouraging to know that He won't give up on me and will help me grow DAILY. Love your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool and what a full circle and God moment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love it when things like that happen! Its so reaffirming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is that!! Exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story! That's amazing that you could reconnect after all these years. You never know the impact a person might have on someone's life. Is Ashley still recording songs?

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet and connect with my readers. Feel free to leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't registered to leave comments through Blogger. I will reply via e-mail or right here on my blog. Make sure and click Subscribe by e-mail, under the comment box, to be notified of any replies to your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me what you think.